Thread: Delta / Northwest Flight Watch

Default Delta / Northwest Flight Watch

This thread may be of interest to some of you. I'll be tracking Delta and Northwest flights to see if the "Northwest way" of flying will come over to Delta.

Basically, Northwest tends to fly low if they can avoid turbulence, or take the long way around an area. I haven't noticed Delta doing the same. So in this thread, I'll be posting some observations of Delta and Northwest flights (while the two are still distinct).

If you look through the blog, you'll have a better idea of what I mean.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our all new forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our apps: TF for iPhone, TF for iPad, TF for Android

Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

http://www.flightaware.com/live/flig.../KSEA/tracklog

Track Log > NWA433 > 11-Nov-2008 > KDTW-KSEA

Flight 433 stayed at 22,000 out of DTW to avoid turbulence in the area, and climbed up to 36,000 at a halfway point between MSP and Madison, Wisconsin.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our all new forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.

Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

http://www.flightaware.com/live/flig.../KDTW/tracklog

Track Log > NWA1220 > 12-Nov-2008 > KDEN-KDTW

Flight 1220 DTW-DEN stayed at 19,000, than 23,000 ft for about an hour to avoid a severe advisory. Awesome.

http://www.flightaware.com/live/flig.../KDTW/tracklog

Track Log > NWA1226 > 12-Nov-2008 > KDEN-KDTW

Same deal as above flight.

Somewhat off topic, but I'm watching AA's DFW-LAS flights because I'm taking one tomorrow and it seems they are following NW's lead. This flight starts out fairly low, then descends even lower

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A.../KLAS/tracklog