PDA

View Full Version : Berlin to Brussels on Brussels Airlines

monkeyshaved
10-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Brussels Airlines - Berlin to Brussels 16:55 10th Oct

Not a big fan of planes, and least of all small planes, so was a bit dubious when I saw the little British Aerospace number on the tarmac. All went swimmingly for the first 40 mins - very smooth (surprisingly so). Then we hit 5 minutes or so of what I would call nasty turbulence. Whether it was "light" or "moderate" is open to question, but in my opinion it was considerably worse than any turbulence I have experienced during a descent (often the bumpiest bit in my experience). It felt like lots of sequences of very rapid descents and the cabin crew were told to take their seats - definitely not just some bumps. (I was, of course, busy gripping the seat and sweating, although there were a few "seasoned travellers" still reading their newspapers!).

Couple of points to note:
1. I emerged unscathed (I didn't die, pass out, vomit or any of the other things that seem to terrify me at 35,000ft), so I guess I can chalk it up as an experience.

2. We heard nothing from the cockpit throughout the whole flight - not on the ground before take-off, nor in the air, and certainly not during the turbulence - bit weird.

tb_neg
10-11-2007, 12:01 PM
If the seasoned travelers were still reading their newspapers, it probably wasn't that bad in the eyes of the pilots (but probably bad to me and site visitors). Probably explains the silence from the flight deck.

I'm glad you are unscathed. It's like a lot of things, not dangerous, just scary.

although there were a few "seasoned travellers" still reading their newspapers!).

Couple of points to note:
1. I emerged unscathed (I didn't die, pass out, vomit or any of the other things that seem to terrify me at 35,000ft), so I guess I can chalk it up as an experience.

2. We heard nothing from the cockpit throughout the whole flight - not on the ground before take-off, nor in the air, and certainly not during the turbulence - bit weird.