jetBlue leaves early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jetBlue leaves early

<a href= "http://jetblue.com/flightstatus/flig...=JFK&x=67&y=12">Leaving Early</a>

The plane was taxiing minutes before departure time. Is that allowed?

I belive it is in very specific circumstances, but it varies airline to airline:

1: ALL checked/expected passengers have boarded
    2: There are no people requiring standby seats or overbooked pax..or the flight is full and each seat is already occupied. If there are available seats, most airlines will wait until literally the very last minute to fill them.
    3: There are no late connections or connections between early and scheduled departure
    4: There is an assurance of an arrival gate on the other side
    5: Weather is such that an early departure will not create an excessively early arrival, like a strong headwind.

Sometimes there are circumstances to a particular route...noise abatement rules at destination airports can lead to extra fees for arrivals after or before a certain hour. Departure airports too. Sometimes the airline will rush a flight to get in under the wire..pilots will be encouraged to fly at higher speeds and logistics will make sure the flight has no potentially late connections and standby's.

I think it's pretty rare though. Early arrivals can be a pain in the butt..if there is no gate available, they sit you out on the tarmac somewhere. I have sat like this for 45 minutes at PHX

Comment

Very late

After complaining about flights leaving early, I've noticed that jetBlue flight 28 is leaving Tampa two hours late. Again. This flight is delayed about 50% of the time.

JetBlue service to NY from Florida sucks.

Comment

jetBlue flight 28 Tampa to JFK was four hours late again. The problem is that aircraft comes from Newark, which means trouble. jetBlue should leave Newark.

Comment

Jetblue Being Late

Originally posted by LLL View Post
          jetBlue flight 28 Tampa to JFK was four hours late again. The problem is that aircraft comes from Newark, which means trouble. jetBlue should leave Newark.
          Not sure where you are getting you information from but, the Jetblue flights originating out of NY or Fla are usually late due to weather....has nothing to do with Newark Airport.

Haven't you noticed all the heavy storms in the NJ/NY area?

Comment

I understand that. But the storms impact Newark more than JFK or LGA, even if all three airports are under the same weather conditions.

Tonight, once again, jetBlue 24 took off on time while 28 was late. Thanks to NEWARK.

Comment

Working...
            X