Can you tell us about you, tb_neg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you tell us about you, tb_neg?

I'm just curious to know a little about you... You provide this great service for us which I know we all appreciate, but we don't know much about you... Do you work in the aviation industry? If so, what kind of job do you have? How'd you get interested in this kind of stuff?

I understand if you don't want to say anything (or can't, for your job), but it's worth asking... And I'll keep asking for forecasts on way or the other...

Alex

There is an article that explains much of how this site came to be, posted here. I am glad that you enjoy the service, and I'm very happy to provide it. I do not work for the aviation industry, but it does fascinate me. I am a network administrator.

http://www.salon.com/tech/col/smith/...skthepilot207/
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Comment

Originally posted by alenguy View Post
      I'm just curious to know a little about you... You provide this great service for us which I know we all appreciate, but we don't know much about you... Do you work in the aviation industry? If so, what kind of job do you have? How'd you get interested in this kind of stuff?

I understand if you don't want to say anything (or can't, for your job), but it's worth asking... And I'll keep asking for forecasts on way or the other...

Alex
      Yes, I was wondering about your qualifications as well . . . Are you a pilot? Are you a meterologist? Thanks again for the great website!

Comment

I have no qualifications. Just an interest in aviation and weather. And enough web knowledge to glue the website together.

It does interest me, and I look at the maps nearly every day, pending forecasts or not, and I do enjoy the movie Airplane.
        TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.

Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Comment

Do you have another link to the info on how this site started? The one above directs me to a sign-in screen.

Comment

Click 'enter site' on the top. It's a very small link.

Originally posted by Brave View Post
            Do you have another link to the info on how this site started? The one above directs me to a sign-in screen.

Comment

Working...
            X