2/11/2020 12:59pm LAX-DFW DAL1508

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/11/2020 12:59pm LAX-DFW DAL1508

Headed back to the Lone Star State again. The maps between here and Dallas weren't looking super today and it has been reallllly windy here in LA, but I think (hope!) it's supposed to be better tomorrow. Would appreciate your thoughts on what I might expect during my flight. Always feel good when I fly Delta given their reputation for being good at avoiding bumps! Thanks so much.

DAL1508 12:59 18:05 LAX DFW - Lonestar, we meet again edition.

LAX weather looks good, but there is a severe advisory for up to 14,000ft, and then a severe advisory after that for up to 33,000 - 41,000ft until just past California. So, seat belt on. Light to moderate after that, smooths out, unexpectedly. But, still could be light to moderate for a lot of the ride, up to moderate, moderate-severe.

Definitely seeing some moderately bumpy over Texas, moderately bumpy descent into DFW, moderately bumpy landing, there is a thunderstorm forecasted to be in the area.

Have a nice flight!
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Comment

Thank you so much for the forecast! Wasn't too bad climbing out of LAX despite the wind and severe advisory. There was definitely light to moderate for most of the flight, though. Seat belt sign on the whole time and FA's had to suspend drink service for a bit and sit down around 15K feet for a bumpy-ish landing due to weather. All in all it wasn't too bad though. The anticipation is always the worst for me, so thanks for the heads up on what to expect! Will post my return trip details in a few days.

Comment

Working...
      X