2/14 10:05am GOT-AMS-MSP DL9453 DL163

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/14 10:05am GOT-AMS-MSP DL9453 DL163

My return flight back to the U.S is this Friday morning. I'm hoping for a calm flight. As always, thank you for your insightful forecasts.

Frank

Hi, here's KLM1154 - that Delta number was wonky on flightaware but this looks like the right one.

KLM1154 10:05 11:30 GOT AMS

At GOT, weather looks ok, good takeoff, good climb. First half looks good, turning light to moderate for the second half. Light to moderate on descent into AMS. AMS weather says no significant weather, and you should be in before winds pick up and weather gets nasty, light to moderate on landing, if that.

So, are you out of AMS before weather turns? Let's see for

DAL163 12:55 15:12 AMS MSP

At AMS, barely out of there before weather turns, let's hope there's no delay and the forecast is accurate, lightly bumpy takeoff, moderately if weather arrives soon of there's a delay...an hour makes a difference here.

Light to moderate on climb out. You'll want to remain north of Iceland, so just mention that to the captain, should be fairly decent if the flight path does that. I think you will, so lightly bumpy to smooth. Moderately bumpy if not, although you might rub up on some of those headwinds if you dip south. I just don't think you will.

You still might pick up some moderate to light through mid Greenland. Rest looks good, bumps have moved on from MSP by the time you get there. I love westbounds, they are generally easier to write and better rides. Good for the remainder, good descent, good landing. Just in time for some REALLY cold weather. Although I suppose ARN wasn't the warmest.

Thank you Frank! I hope you enjoyed the wordy forecast.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Comment

Damn, I'm a day early. So, disregard and we'll do this tomorrow, same time, same channel.
      TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.

Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Comment

Oh no! I am so sorry. The forecast looked good enough to alleviate my fears and you clearly put in a lot of work. Because of the time difference I ended up posting it when I did.

Comment

Hi, no worries about the time difference. I use a commercial ticket manager (Frontapp) and snooze these, so it's ok. I just panic sometimes and write them a day early because most people send requests from the runway, etc, or mid climb, so they pop in my mailbox and I'm like, ok, put this margarita down and write this forecast.

Unfortunately I don't think it looks as nice for ARN AMS, but let's see what the final maps say. Sorry to get your hopes up! See you closer to flight time.

Comment

Hello, one more unto the breach dear friends

KLM1154 10:05 11:30 ESGG EHAM

Foggy, but you're out before winds pick up, good takeoff, light to moderate on climb out, perhaps moderate to light on climb out. Moderately bumpy at first, turning light to moderate, gradually getting better as you near AMS.

Lightly bumpy descent into AMS, lightly bumpy landing.

Ok, so probably not too bad, I'm banking on the rougher rides in the area fading quickly, currently no advisories, so that's good (there was some moderate-severe in the area).

Next, we have

DAL163 12:55 15:12 EHAM KMSP

At AMS, weather is fine, lightly bumpy takeoff, light to moderate on climb out, perhaps a deceiving lull in the bumps, and then light to moderate over the UK. Moderately to lightly bumpy over Greenland if you fly that north, better if you're south of the tip.

Perhaps a bit more light to moderate just west of Greenland, if you're that far north.

Just a bit of light to moderate south of the Hudson Bay for the remainder.

Light to moderate on descent, perhaps on landing too, gusts up to 31mph.

Really, not too bad overall, with a bit of luck. Seat belt on for the GOT AMS flight, just in case I'm a bit off.

Thank you!

Comment

Awesome! Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
              X