12/18 JFK-ZRH LX15 9:23pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/18 JFK-ZRH LX15 9:23pm

Headed across the pond tomorrow night for the holidays. Would love to know your thoughts!

Thanks!

Still a bit early, I'm queuing this up for a forecast tomorrow early afternoon.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Comment

There's at least two jet streams swirling around your flight path, both of which are indicating turbulence. I would say the first half, occasional to continuous light to moderate, especially at the start, and the middle of the ocean. The last 40% of the flight looks to be much better, just occasional light for that.
      TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.

Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Comment

yuck, not what I like to here, but i have the worst luck when it comes to flights. Just out of curiosity, which maps do you read and how do you read them when dealing with an atlantic crossing, I'm always confused about those, that is if you don't mind giving away your trade secret, if you do I totally understand. I'll let you know how it was when I get to the other side.

Comment

I look at this one (making sure I read the one for the time of your flight). I also usually have looked at them the previous day so I know if things are trending better or worse.
          http://www.turbulenceforecast.com/atlantic.php

and this one to get an idea of the flight path
          http://www.turbulenceforecast.com/at...und_tracks.php

and also flightaware to get an idea of the track
          http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWR15

Also keep in mind I forecast worst case, so you'll be prepared. It's often much better than I say.

Comment

So it was probably my smoothest atlantic crossing ever. Only chop was light-mod over the second jet about 4 hours in. Couldnt have been happier.

Comment

That's good news; it's really hard to tell sometimes, so I'm extra glad this one worked out.

Comment

Working...
              X