12-Dec: 2:45PM, LHR - JFK, AA105

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-Dec: 2:45PM, LHR - JFK, AA105

Trying this again - code share issue between BA & AA and the snow reeking havoc with the flight crews in London - has put me on this new flight on Tuesday...

FWIW, the flight today (AA101) appears to have taken a southern route across the pond.

Ah, looks like the air on the southern route cleared up. I feel the bumps have been more unpredictable as of late.

Ok, this forecast coming tonight (US Eastern).

step between this
    https://www.turbulenceforecast.com/a...c-18-hours.php
    and this
    https://www.turbulenceforecast.com/a...c-12-hours.php

huge difference
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Comment

This is a tough forecast. The westbound tracks are again split between north and south of the jet stream blowing east (see our favorite maps, westbound for details).

Southern tracks: bumpy first hour, decent cruise (although you're just south of the eastbound jet stream), light to moderate south of Newfoundland, maybe a bit of a break before JFK, and bumpy into JFK.

Northern tracks: bumpy first half hour, smooth ocean crossing, light bumps over Nova Scotia through to JFK.

I wonder which tracks they'll take! I've written a lot of bad forecasts the past few days, and I hate doing it, so this one is a bit of a relief.
      TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
      Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
      Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Comment

Working...
      X