Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14-Feb, 9:50AM, AA489, PHX - PIT

Last minute trip!

Is this tomorrow? Or are you on it right now?
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Comment

The flight was today - very last minute posting on my part...

Was expecting bumps out of PHX on the climb out and while we cut across New Mexico. Really no surprise there. Expected the seat belt sign to be on the whole time but the Captain turned it off over western New Mexico for a few minutes. Seemed a bit odd.

Seat belt sign came back on over central New Mexico and remained on for the balance of the flight.

Entered Kansas at the extreme SW corner of the state and then transversed it laterally - I would consider the turbulence to be light chop and light turbulence - the seat belt sign was on the entire time - but the FAs remained standing and drink service continued (my light versus moderate cut off is usually when the FAs stop service and take their seats).

The PIREPs map didn't really indicate the level of turbulence that I expected...

Things smoothed out over Missouri with periods of chop and light turbulence.

A few bumps over Columbus, OH but being a Penn State grad, nothing surprises me while I'm in Ohio State airspace.

All in all, not a bad flight although a bit tough to predict, at least on my part...

Comment

That's my litmus test for turbulence as well. If the crew is moving around, it's probably light, despite what people might think of. In my mind the scale goes like this:

Real light -> perceived moderate
        Real moderate -> oh my god
        Real severe -> we are gonna die

And it's hard to predict sometimes, as you know. It's not any easier for me, sadly
        TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
        Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
        Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Comment

Working...
        X