Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/31 srq-atl-sdf dl 1519, dl 2491

Hi TB.

Been quite some time since i've flown on an airplane, and I now live in a different part of the country. Going back home to see the girlfriend and friends/family over labor day weekend.

Seems like flights shouldn't be bad in general, just have to avoid the storms (the entire Southeast USA seems to get blanketed in them this time of year)

Hoping for smooth air, and thankfully both flights are short. This will be tough for me as it has been nearly 3 years since i've been on a plane. Posting this in advance so I don't forget (with how busy my workweeks have been) hope you are doing well and thanks in advance for your forecast!!

Whoops, forgot to add times.

DL1519 departs at 7:30 PM. 2491 at 10:34 PM. Sorry!

Comment

It is definitely harder when it's been a while, but I'm sure you'll get your sea legs back soon. Hopefully decent flights, weather should be a bit tamer, and the jet streams still quite a bit to the north, see you soon.

Originally posted by zoidberg View Post
      it has been nearly 3 years since i've been on a plane
      TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
      Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
      Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Comment

I think they both look ok, the first one not too bad with a few bumps out of SRQ, lightly bumpy up, ok into ATL. Ok out of ATL, but I think the bumps will start pretty soon for ATL to SDF and continue through to SDF. Nothing too bad, just a bit of light to moderate, bumpy air, and isolated weather. Not a bad reentry into flying though.
        TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
        Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
        Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Comment

First flight they suspended snack and drink service and it was bumpy, but not initially. The second flight was actually really smooth! Glad you forecast for worst-case because I was prepared for a bumpy ride.

I'll post my return trip details soon and hopefully I get as good as I got coming north!

Comment

Working...
          X