03/06 - YHZ/LHR/AMS - ACA860 - 11.45 pm

neil_nelis

Question

Question

And can you tell me, is there another date in the next week that has less chance of turbulence on this route?

THANKS!

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
It's really hard to tell on the transatlantic flights, since they take different routes all the time. The jet stream is really pronounced, so you might encounter some light to moderate.

To answer your other question, we don't provide that kind of forecasting and don't recommend you change your flights based on what we forecast. It could be perfectly smooth. I'm just looking at the maps and guessing based on historical (as in, what I've seen) data based on my gut feeling.

And again, transatlantic flights are very difficult to tell.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Was this flight always on 3/6? I'm trying to figure out why I forecasted it so early. There's no way I could have forecasted it 5 days before, so the forecast is wrong. (unless you edited and changed the dates, or I misread it)

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Well, there is a good chance of some bumps here and there over the ocean, and into LHR, depending on exactly what track you take (and indeed where the tracks are for that time). Probably some light to moderate at times, and also between LHR-AMS, but predominately out of LHR. Probably not what you wanted to here, but keep in mind I tend to predict 'worst case', so you are prepared.