1/11 atl-dkr-cpt dal34/128

alandubo

Super Lifetime Elite
Hi again. I hope you can help me here - not my usual ATL-DC flights :)
Flying on Sunday afternoon from Atlanta to Dakar, Senegal on Delta 34 (Boeing 767). Then connecting to Delta 128 from Dakar to Cape Town, South Africa (also a 767). Any thoughts? Thanks as always.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Your preview forecast (another platinum benefit, and just in case I don't get to forecast it tomorrow). I'd say it looks pretty smooth. A few isolated periods of light possible (over Atlantic), but overall, should be smooth for the vast majority. Lucky again! (well, equator flights this time of year are generally smooth.)

alandubo

Super Lifetime Elite
Thanks for the preview - if you do get a chance tonight that would be great. From the maps I can see, it does look pretty decent. I don't mind the length as long as it is smooth! Thanks for the help.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
It does look decent still. Just a few periods of bumps, likely at the start and over the US East coast.

Enjoy this exotic trip!

alandubo

Super Lifetime Elite
Well, safe and sound here in Cape Town. Both flights were okay - not as smooth as expected but decent. ATL - Dakar was fine - a few minor bumps over the east coast as you said, and then continuous light chop for about 2 hours close to Dakar. Dakar to Cape Town had a perfect take off, then fine for about an hour, followed by light with some moderate mixed in for about 1 1/2 hours. The rest was smooth sailing. Finally here after 16 hours of flying! Enough for one day for me. Thanks again.