1/27/2019 4:34 pm FLL-DTW DL2623

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, why you want to come back here? It's gonna be nasty weather this week. Forecast late morning, but the first half looks bumpy at this point.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
I've never seen so many reports of bumps so early in the day. Moderate chop everywhere until about Ohio, then occasional light to moderate for the remainder. I don't think even Delta can avoid it today.

miflyer

Lifetime Elite
Turns out the anticipation of potential turbulence was much worse than the actual flight. Pilot come on before takeoff and said “the skies are angry today” and that he has asked the flight attendants to stay seated for the duration because “there safety was more important than a coke”. I agree with that. Ultimately, Delta found a pretty good altitude (FL33) and it never got worse than moderate (despite tailwinds of up to 190 mph). Interestingly there was another Delta flight less than an hour before us on the same route; that one flew at FL28. I am glad DL is doing what they can to make flights comfortable,

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know, a Diet Coke tastes pretty good. Glad it wasn't too bad, but it was one of those days to fly.