1/29 11:10 am sfo-rjaa/nrt ana7

virabhadra

Lifetime Elite
1/29 11:10 AM SFO-RJAA/NRT ANA7

First time flying to Asia! Actually, first flight over the ocean, too. Any forecast welcome! Specifically for this flight or even just in general what the Pacific crossing can be like.

Best,
Kelly

virabhadra

Lifetime Elite
It was a really great flight! There were a couple of brief periods of what might have been light-moderate. The landing was a bit dizzying, but that was probably winds.

Thanks (Arigato!) for the forecast!
Kelly

virabhadra

Lifetime Elite
Quick report on the flight back -- we in a jet stream for most of the flight, which meant it was FAST (we were at 650 MPH+ for a lot of the flight, came in 1.5 hrs earlier than typical). It was also much bumpier than the flight across; light turbulence almost the entire flight, with one section of strong moderate (the flight attendants sat down, and it felt kind of roller coaster-ish).

I had always assumed these cross-Pacific flights would be harder to handle than cross-America, and they totally weren't. Hurrah for broadening horizons! And another thank you for maintaining this site. It has helped me go from a will-not-fly-ever person into a frequent traveler who better understands what in the past felt mysterious and unpredictable.

Kelly

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
These stories make the whole thing worthwhile. I'm glad you're enjoying the friendly skies!