10/02/ JFK - LHR AA116, then 10/03 LHR - LUN BA0255

xetere

Super Lifetime Elite
Heading to Africa for work again, leave late Saturday night at 11:30 AA 116, and then to Lusaka on Sunda, BA0255. Hope the Atlantic is calm, and light convection in Africa.

As always, thanks

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to guess some bumps out of JFK and then some over the ocean, and again into LHR, but then you can relax a bit, smoothing out into Africa, depending on the convection. I will try to revisit again tomorrow.

B744drvr

Lifetime Elite
One small comfort; If the present jetstream over the atlantic stays (and I think it does), it'll be a fairly quick flight to LHR for sure! 150-180kt at this time, wow! If you compare the SIGWX charts issued from Washington and London, you'll see at this time London predicts moderate/occasional severe while Washington predicts only moderate. Mostly Washington predictions are more reliable in my experience, but nevertheless with those winds you can expect some bumps. Around the equator there's always some convective weather, mostly pretty isolated cells which you can easily circumnavigate so nothing to worry about.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Atlantic crossing has a strong jet, so some bumps, but convection over Africa has thinned out considerably, so that's good news. Bon Voyage!