10/18 Cvg-cae Dl4455

falnangel473

My trip to CAE last night was perfect, very light turbulance as to be expected when taking off, and just a little bumpy on our initial decent as we were breaking through the clouds in the area at the time we were 70 miles NW of CAE. Very smooth ride in between, no storms in the area. The route this flight took according to Flightaware was "BLGRS8 HYK LOZ SPA"

Last edited:

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Good news is that most of the turbulence you might encounter will be storm/weather related, as opposed to jet stream. It might get bumpy at times, but it's really hard to say because it really depends on what routes are available and what weather is like.

However, it's possible to have smooth flights during stormy weather, with the right piloting and a bit of luck.

I'm sorry I can't be any more specific on this flight.

falnangel473

10/18 Cvg-cae Dl4455

Thank you so much for the information, I know you are not able to give specifics, however, your answer was very helpful. :) I always figured that during stormy weather there was no escaping turbulance, which has been my experience at least in the past 3 years of traveling to and from CVG. Once I get to CAE I will describe my trip and the route it took, maybe it will be of help to others. In the meantime I will keep my eyes glued to the Turbulance Forecast website. Thanks again! :D

Last edited:

falnangel473

Delays CVG to CAE

Delays CVG to CAE

Hello Everyone, just wanted to give an update on my flight. Seems my plane just left GRB it's almost an hour and 15 minutes late leaving GRB. I am just hoping it makes it to CVG on time, so we can get on our way, before the storms reach CVG and CAE. I am curious to know how it will pan out, I will leave my feedback once I arrive to Columbia. :eek:

falnangel473

CVG to CAE 10/18/27

CVG to CAE 10/18/27

My trip to CAE last night was perfect, very light turbulance as to be expected when taking off, and just a little bumpy on our initial decent as we were breaking through the clouds in the area at the time we were 70 miles NW of CAE. Very smooth ride in between, no storms in the area. The route this flight took according to Flightaware was "BLGRS8 HYK LOZ SPA"