10/22/2015 10:11 UTC BSB EZE G3 7740 GOL Airlines

Popinigis

Lifetime Elite
Maps are not there yet... I hope it will be good. By the way, are those green arrows also a sign for turbulence? Thank you!

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
The green arrows are jet streams. If they have a yellow cloud then that indicates turbulence. You'll see for the 12 UTC that there is no yellow cloud, but there's always a chance of some light as you cross the jet (the green arrows). The red bordered cloud area indicates storms, and they are indicated as occasional (as opposed to isolated), so slightly more dense than isolated weather. So, you might hit some bumps there if you run into storms. Overall though, it should be a pretty good flight!

Popinigis

Lifetime Elite
You were right!

You were right!

The green arrows are jet streams. If they have a yellow cloud then that indicates turbulence. You'll see for the 12 UTC that there is no yellow cloud, but there's always a chance of some light as you cross the jet (the green arrows). The red bordered cloud area indicates storms, and they are indicated as occasional (as opposed to isolated), so slightly more dense than isolated weather. So, you might hit some bumps there if you run into storms. Overall though, it should be a pretty good flight!
Hey tb_neg, you couldn't be more right. Before the plane started moving, the captain said exactly the same words you did. I guess it's good, after all, to know what to expect. I was a little bit anxious about the turbulence ahead us, but I knew it wouldn't last too much, so it was all right. Thanks!