11/17 6:45am bwi-aus wn436

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
First hour and a half or so looks pretty good, second half, some occasional to continuous light to moderate. Just be glad you aren't flying over the western half of the country, bumpy rides a plenty over there.

kclarke7

Super Lifetime Elite
My flight this morning was actually cancelled because of the snow in DEN. The flight was supposed to terminate there and I guess WN was hedging its bets by keeping the plane at BWI to use it elsewhere (as opposed to stranding it in AUS).

That being said I rebooked for later today at 6:10p - I don't suppose you would be able to do a last minute forecast for me?

11/17 6:10PM BWI-AUS WN1289

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, it should be fairly decent (certainly better than the other half of the country is doing), getting bumpier as you get nearer to AUS. I suspect the cancellation was due to weather, rough rides down there right now, but the weather should be out of AUS by the time you get there, but you may hit some bumps as you cross that line of weather.

kclarke7

Super Lifetime Elite
You were right on the money. We were further delayed (just over and hour) and climb/first part of cruise was fine. We did hit some heavy bumps (probably moderate chop, heavier than I normally encounter) as we got around MEM, where we crossed that line of weather. Pilot even explained prior when he turned the seatbelt sign on that even though we were quite a bit higher than the weather we would still get some bumps. Smoothed out by the time we got closer to TX and approach was normal.

Thanks for helping me out last minute!! :)