12/12 hsv-pbi DL5330/1285

50convert

Super Lifetime Elite
Afternoon departure, and hopefully the last series of the year. Kept Silver medallion status, but couldn't make gold!

thank you for your help and have a Merry Christmas if I don't stop back before the end of the season.

B744drvr

Lifetime Elite
HSV-ATL some bumps due to weather/jetstream, ATL-PBI some bumps during departure, then fairly smooth until PBI, Merry Christmas to you too!

50convert

Super Lifetime Elite
Finally made it home after a few hours of delays. 27 degrees and snowing in Alabama just didn't do it for me. However, I didn't feel so bad after I saw the line of people trying to reschedule their cancellations in ATL. The 2:20 departure turned into a 5pm after Delta somehow worked some magic and found us a plane. I have no idea what stings they pulled, but I was impressed.

I asked the pilots about the flight over from HSV-ATL and they said it was going to be rough. Wind was strong and gusty in ATL and blowing snow in HSV. Oddly enough, the flight was very reasonable. Take off was a bit bumpy, but the cloud layer was so low that we were above and into the smooth are in just a couple minutes. Approach into ATL was a little squirrelly, but nothing like what I expected given the conditions.

Takeoff out of ATL was about the same. relatively smooth with just a couple minute or two patches of light to light-mod north of MCO. Flight was just a little over half full due to all the cancellations.

Well, hopefully that wraps up my year of flying. Only 30 legs this year on Delta, and now it's time to get back to finishing my multi-engine rating. :cool:

Thanks for all your help this season!