12/19 7:50 pm united (ual) 1278 den-newark

virabhadra

Lifetime Elite
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL1278

It's been a long time since I've asked for a forecast! I flew out of Newark to Denver on Sunday and it was the worst turbulence I've had in a long time. Like, what the bleep is happening, "Airline attendants, please be seated!" stuff, and it lasted the last 2 hours.

So I'm really hoping for something less exciting on this flight home.

Thanks for the forecast!

Also, I did another New York to Tokyo trip last month, an amazing feat considering 10 years ago I refused to fly at all. Those flights were much less turbulent than my US flights tend to be. :)

Kelly

virabhadra

Lifetime Elite
Compared to the flight out, this flight was heaven!!!! It's amazing how a really bad flight can make normal seatbelts-on turbulence feel like nothing.

I'm still curious why the Sunday flight was so bad -- the pilot told us it was every level and there was nothing they could do. We were in what felt like clouds at 39,000 feet; maybe it was a very wide weather front? When we got below 15,000 feet in the descent it abruptly went from being a 90-min roller coaster ride to perfectly smooth.

Kelly

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
That's just the way it is I guess, the jet has much more active this time of year.