12/23 PDX-SAN, depart 16:10

Dave J.

12/23, departing PDX at 16.10, arrive SAN approx 18.30. Flying Alaska Airlines.

I've been watching the maps with an unsettled feeling, as it looks like moderate turbulence has been a frequent presence on the west coast. I'd appreciate any information about the chances for turbulence on this flight.

Thanks!

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
It frequently is, and PDX/SEA is just where the jet stream likes to park. I'll revist a bit closer, it's hard to judge accurate this far out.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still trying to decide which set of new maps I like better in terms of accuracy, but I think I'm learning towards the Jeppesen set (USA2).
Edit: I've moved the Jeppesen sets to USA1, because I think they are better maps.

I think the bumpiest part will be out of PDX due to jet stream, but then it'll smooth out for a decent flight (light at most) into SAN. Thankfully, no Santa Ana winds to deal with on this flight.

Dave J.

Your forecast was right on the money--had some light chop out of PDX, and then a fairly smooth flight all the way to SAN. Return flight today (12/28, depart 10.10a, arrive 12.45a) was pretty good as well--some light bumps east of San Francisco, but otherwise pretty quiet. Thanks once again for providing this service!