12/24 EWR-ORD UAL 635 then ORD-DSM UAL 455

nyctravis

Super Lifetime Elite Ultra Diamond
Hi-thank you so much for all you do! I'm headed out tomorrow and was hoping you could give me an idea of what to expect. thanks in advance

UAL 0635 EWR-ORD at 6:00 AM
-Connecting to -
UAL 0455 ORD-DSM at 8:43 AM

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
I would say a small chance of light EWR-ORD and more likely to have some light-moderate between ORD-DSM. The jet stream will be shearing away a bit west of ORD, and that's usually a good place for some bumps.

This forecast is a bit more difficult than usual for a few reasons, so make sure you listen to the pilot as you board.

nyctravis

thx

thx

thx for the forecast. sounds like it should be ok getting from ewr-ord? the light-moderate bumps forecast for ord-dsm is a bit nervewracking, but i think if i have a smooth flight to chicago then maybe my nerves will be a bit calmer. do you think that's a safe bet?

and from ord-dsm do you think it will be mostly on the light side of light-mod or on the moderate side of light-mod? ugh i'm a white knuckle flier i hate it!

thx so much again

Last edited:

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
How was the flight? I saw a severe turbulence warning near DSM today, I hope the flight was ok.

thx for the forecast. sounds like it should be ok getting from ewr-ord? the light-moderate bumps forecast for ord-dsm is a bit nervewracking, but i think if i have a smooth flight to chicago then maybe my nerves will be a bit calmer. do you think that's a safe bet?

and from ord-dsm do you think it will be mostly on the light side of light-mod or on the moderate side of light-mod? ugh i'm a white knuckle flier i hate it!

thx so much again

nyctravis

flight

flight

yikes it was turbulent! but all was well and i made it fine :)
the flight from ewr-ord was actually fairly turbulent at 38,000 feet. I was listening to channel 9 on united (flight deck and ATC) and seemed everyone was bumpy too above 34,000 ft. we went down in elevation a bit after a few minutes and the rest of the flight was fine. your forecast was really on, which made for any bumps i encountered more tolerant as i expected them.

i'm sure i'll post a return flight forecast request on wednesday. thx again