12/27/2016 10:05 UTC CGH BSB GOL 1444 GOL Airlines

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
I see a lot of weather to your southwest, and isolated weather on your flight path. No fronts though, so hopefully it should be pretty good, just occasional. It could get quite bumpy though depending on the weather. But again, no fronts, no jets, so you have that going for you.

Let us know how it goes!

Popinigis

Lifetime Elite
Hey! It was a nice flight. The planed shaked constantly, but only light turbulence. One question I have, when you say "weather" in your forecast, do you mean storms? I've realized from my last flights that a clear blue sky usually means there will be turbulence. It´s funny, because I feel bad psychologically when I have to travel on a rainy day. I feel better when I see the sun in the sky, but last times the sun thone the flights weren't that perfect.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Hello! Yes, weather = storms = rain, but usually storms. Rain on its own is not enough to cause major bumps, just some bumps in the clouds. I think the sunnier days in general can be attributed to the jet stream blowing all the clouds away, but that's not scientific or anything, just a theory of mine. I've had some terrific flights in a snow storm, in fact one of my happiest memories is taking off when it was snowing with the wing lights on, it looked like a scene out of star wars with the snowflakes streaming past the aircraft like stars.

And then came the landing...smooth but the runway was covered in snow and they had to do some serious thrust reversing and they actually had a compressor stall when they were trying to slow the airplane down, and then the drive home was terrible. But still a happy memory nevertheless

Popinigis

Lifetime Elite
Hello! Yes, weather = storms = rain, but usually storms. Rain on its own is not enough to cause major bumps, just some bumps in the clouds. I think the sunnier days in general can be attributed to the jet stream blowing all the clouds away, but that's not scientific or anything, just a theory of mine. I've had some terrific flights in a snow storm, in fact one of my happiest memories is taking off when it was snowing with the wing lights on, it looked like a scene out of star wars with the snowflakes streaming past the aircraft like stars.

And then came the landing...smooth but the runway was covered in snow and they had to do some serious thrust reversing and they actually had a compressor stall when they were trying to slow the airplane down, and then the drive home was terrible. But still a happy memory nevertheless
Wow! What an adventure. At least you caught that Star Wars scene. :D

That's a problem we don't have over here, flying through snow storms!