12/30 6:40am pdx-lax-mzt asa 558 asa 216

sociologyplease

Lifetime Elite+
Hello,

Hoping for a good flight down to Mexico; looks like weather may not cooperate fully. Love any forecast you may be able to provide. Second flight is at 10:15AM.

Thank you and happy new year!

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. Second flight looks good. First flight, occasional light to moderate. Happy New Year to you too

febreeze1236

Lifetime Forecaster
Just curious, how was the first flight??

I pulled your "filed flight plan below on the map below" and noticed some purple and red forecast on the map you might of flew through associated with the bend on the jet stream. Bravo for you making it through! :)

pdx-lax.jpg

sociologyplease

Lifetime Elite+
It actually wasn't that bad; that flight plan looks way worse than it felt. The first flight had pretty continuous light with some strong jolts of moderate, but the crew was great with communicating about the turb. The second flight had the bumpiest take off that I've ever experienced, but then it was smooth. I always try to remember that the maps sometimes make it look worse than it feels!

febreeze1236

Lifetime Forecaster
Good to hear it was not that bad. Yeah I was listening to LAX ATC not to long ago and multiple aircraft are reporting moderate to severe turbulence on climb-out. Must be those Santa Ana winds coming off the mountains. Enjoy your New Year down there in Mazatlan. Lucky!! :)