2/17 UA 2319 sfo-ewr

virabhadra

Lifetime Elite
2/17 ua 2319 2:00 pm PT sfo-ewr

This past week of turbulence and strong jet stream has me on edge for my flight tomorrow. One thing I’m looking forward to is it’s the newest Dreamliner (787-10) and I have found dreamliners to give smoother rides, as promised.

Thank you in advance!

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, for SFO to EWR

A little windy in SFO, for a moderately bumpy takeoff, and a bit of light to moderate on climb, smoothing out pretty quickly. Nice ride until about Kansas city, then occasional light to moderate for the remainder of the flight, including descent into Newark. Winds are ok for a lightly bumpy landing.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
and oh yes, the Dreamliner has a gust suppression system (a sort of turbulence suppressor if you will). and it's more humid inside than a typical dry air airliner.

virabhadra

Lifetime Elite
Super accurate forecast! Seatbelt sign came on in Kansas, stayed on most of the rest of the flight, and descent was a bit sporty. Love the Dreamliner. The turbulence was much more tolerable, especially when the pilot made the flight attendants sit down— it never felt quite as roller coaster-y as it usually does during that kind of turbulence. Wish more airlines flew them domestically.

Thanks again!