2/22 5:15pm AST AUA-IAD-PIT UA1648 UA664

jrpeterson5

Subscriber Elite
Heading home later tomorrow/Saturday evening, but thought I'd post tonight. Tough to leave the sunshine for sure, but some is better than none! Thanks for the forecast as always. Won't be flying again till May so till then safe travels to all.....

Last edited:

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, this is for UAL1648 17:15 20:39 AUA IAD

At AUA, looks fine, lightly bumpy takeoff from tropical paradise, good climb. Good flight, perhaps a bit of light to moderate east of Florida. Lightly bumpy descent into IAD, good landing.

IAD PIT looks good too, just lightly bumpy. Welcome back home!

I just use these for Caribbean:
https://www.turbulenceforecast.com/atlantic.php

and a commercial software named Foreflight, and another thing that we are bringing to the website over the next nine months. Some of the new maps will be a small subscription charge to help pay for server time to generate them since I really don't run ads.

jrpeterson5

Subscriber Elite
I am looking very forward to the updates. I am one that will be happy to pay for the maps....just offer us a yearly subscription!!

Thanks for the forecast. AUA-IAD was great. Few bumps, nothing more than light for maybe the first 30 mins which is more than typical departing Aruba. Then as smooth as it gets the entire way into IAD. IAD-PIT was like we never left the ground...and so short too.

See you in May. Thanks again, and can’t wait to see those changes coming!

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
I'll keep the feedback in mind about the annual. I prefer monthly for a couple of reasons
1). It evens it out and looks more palatable for users.
2) Annual subscriptions, what tends to happen is that people forget they have an annual subscription and want a refund because they didn't realize they were being charged when the renewal rolls around, they want a refund. Will also support in app from Apple / Google and work cross platform, so there is that.