2/26 7 am vrd12 sfo-jfk

virabhadra

Lifetime Elite
2/26 7 AM VRD12 SFO-JFK

I know it's last minute, but I'll also be on Virgin's wireless throughout the flight, and welcome any forecast until landing! :)

The current maps look YIKES to me, but at least I no longer contemplate trying to avoid a bumpy flight.

Thank you!
Kelly

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, looks a bit bumpy as you correctly surmised. Especially with a severe advisory over New York. I know you'll be ok though. You've got this! The good news is that they'll know which altitude to fly to avoid the worst of the bumps. And remember its shorter and smoother than a car ride! Keep us updated!

virabhadra

Lifetime Elite
Wow, what an encouraging response! Thank you; it helps.

So far it's been a totally normal bumpy flight, which is fine. A few longish stretches with seatbelt sign on, I think about 2 hrs to go.

I've experienced true severe turbulence only once -- my very first flight (1997), if you can believe it! I have never experienced anything even remotely close to that level of turbulence again. The flight attendants said it was the worst of their career. I would be happy if my first flight turned out to be my worst flight ever. :)

Kelly