3/09 4:10pm MCO-PIT SWA3493

jrpeterson5

Subscriber Elite
Heading home Saturday afternoon. Short but sweet, and all sunshine! Looks like Pittsburgh will be getting some wind and weather in the evening....possibly rolling in around our arrival. Thanks for the forecast!

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Would really like a flight report for this one, doing DTW-MCO tomorrow morning.

Conditions in both MCO and PIT are ok, you'll be into PIT before weather arrives, but a good chance of light to moderate for most of it, mostly lightly bumpy I'm thinking (hoping!) at 39,000 where you filed to fly. While the advisories suggest that around northern Florida is the bumpiest, seeing reports all up and down the route.

jrpeterson5

Subscriber Elite
Thanks for the forecast! The advisories and maps had me more concerned, so I was prepared for worse.

So out of MCO, no problems - smooth with nothing more than light bumps. Pilot had crew wait for service but in hindsight wasn’t necessary. Cruising at 39,000 worked out well….was just lightly bumpy through the entire flight. Nothing more than light, and very easily tolerable. Descent had some bumps down through about 21,000. Then completely smooth and uneventful till final approach where we encountered some typical winds into Pittsburgh in the final 3 miles or so.

Was better than expected! Back to the real world. See you again in a few weeks.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
I am also surprised by your good ride, but we'll take it. Thank you so much for the ride report, appreciated.