3/22 BLI to LAS Allegiant Air 720pm

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Probably some periods of light to moderate here and there. But at least you are going somewhere fun. Enjoy your flight.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
The purple is meaningless in this context. It's mostly low level turbulence, and the majority of the flight will be high level. Landing in LAS will be a bit bumpy, but your flight is late enough to miss the really high winds.

I will also remind you of our disclaimer. Go and have a good time.

Smooth Sailing

very curious to hear how this one turns out at cruise, especially because Allegiant tends to keep their MD-80s at FL300, and there are all kinds of nasty pireps popping up today in the west above 20,000 ft

purpleskye

Hi there-
I dont mean to scare you...I just want to be honest....Of course this was yesterday so things are different but they dont look better...I flew from Reno to Vegas then Vegas to Los Angeles...All within the time frame of 3-5PM...The landing and takeoff from/out of Vegas was pretty bad....Winds were about 15MPH....Taking off from Vegas the plane had a hard time time ascending and fell/bumped/swayed pretty hard...Im trying to conquer my fear of flying and I have been doing a good job since yesterday......Anyways, Im sure u will be just fine just prepare for some bumps!! Good Luck!

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think the plane had a hard time ascending, but I don't doubt that it felt like the plane had a hard time ascending.

I hope that jakejarmel boards the plane anyway. He can take solace that if it is indeed bumpy, he might say 'that wasn't that bad' when he was done, and also know that his flight today was probably the worst anyone would ever experience, and that the rest should be relatively easy.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
And again, your flight will be arriving at the tail end of the high wind warning, so you should be ok. Most flights are reporting moderate, and one severe, in the area.

purpleskye

First-tb_neg thank you for having this board! I check it every time I fly and other times as well...Its so helpful!!

Seond-I hope he was able to board as well, once again not meaning to scare just wanted to give my personal account of what I experienced :)