3-24-2018 and 3-25-2018 PDX>YVR>LHR>DUB (AC 8124, AC 854, EI 163)

PaulTR

Subscriber Elite
Heading to Ireland from Portland for spring break. Lots of weather brewing in the pacific NW over the next few days. Curious to know what I should expect when I fly up to Vancouver Saturday afternoon, then to LHR overnight on a northern route, then finally short hop on to Dublin the next afternoon (local time). Thanks!

Last edited:

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, PDX to YVR just looks a little lightly bumpy, nothing big here.

YVR to LHR looks good, lightly bumpy over Canada, perhaps a few bumps near the southern ti p of Greenland. You might pick up some jet stream related bumps in between the tip of Greenland and LHR but smoothing out for a short while, and then a lightly bumpy landing into LHR.

Not too bad I would say.

LHR-DUB coming in about 12 hours.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
LHR to DUB looks very nice, but a few bumps near and into DUB, possibly (it's real close on the map)

PaulTR

Subscriber Elite
Everything spot-on, thanks. First flight out of PDX to YVR was on a brand new Bombardier Q400 turboprop. Surprisingly comfortable wilth pretty decent legroom in a 2-2 configuration. Nothing more than a few light bumps throughout the flight, which clocked in at only 48 minutes. Descent into Vancouver was lovely seeing the land meet the water in afternoon sun - beautiful.

777 to LHR was largely uneventful, again just some light bumps a few times - captain turned on the seatbelt sign twice, and only briefly. The plane had an upgraded interior, top-notch IFE, and the FA's were warm, friendly, attentive. Light bumps didn't develop into anything major. Note: this was my first time flying Air Canada and everything, even the food, exceeded my admittedly low expectations.

Finally, the little hop over to Dublin was a piece of cake. Again, just some minimal light. No problems. All flights were good, but due to not being able to sleep on planes, reached Ireland exhausted and ready for sleep.

Cheers.