4/20 dl1704 fll-dtw

50convert

Super Lifetime Elite
Heading up to Michigan for my sister's graduation. Maps look nice so far up until Michigan, so hopefully it will stay decent.

3 more hours until I start into my Multi-Engine commercial rating. Maybe one of these days I'll finally get to the cockpit on one of the big birds. :)

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Some bumps around MI as you surmised, but it's the kind of map I'd want to see if I were doing DTW to one of the many FL airports, as I often do. Expect some landing bumps due to winds, maybe a drop or two, having experienced those a couple times into DTW.

50convert

Super Lifetime Elite
well...unfortunately serious storms moved in just in time to cause problems. We were a little behind, then taxied out only to sit there for an hour...before turning around to return to the gate to get more fuel and try and re-route. We were allowed to deplane which was nice, but when we got there we were informed that due to the lightning within 5 miles of the field, they couldn't refuel until it had passed. I said forget it and re-booked for tomorrow. That's the way it goes sometimes!