5/5, 5:40pm ; KCMH - KLAS; SWA151

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Looks ok, some bumps over Colorado (maybe) and perhaps if you can't avoid the weather, but otherwise looks fine. What do you think?

febreeze1236

Lifetime Forecaster
I would agree with you. I did not think I would get enough time to look before departure, have errands to run. Thank you so much, always like a second set of eyes... No jetstream to mess with, looks like isolated build ups hopefully they route around.

febreeze1236

Lifetime Forecaster
Flight turned out different that what was on the forecasted on the map. Had continuous light chop, very light short lived moderate all the way to Colorado from Ohio. The pilot was real talkative on the PA and even apologized over the intercom for the bumps. We were just on top of the clouds solid layer at 38,000 feet. Noticed on the map we were flying parallel to cold front and low pressure system so that might of been it. Landing in Vegas as expected was windy but yet fun. The wing dipped as you could feel the gust got a hold of our plane.
Now on the way back was moderate over the front range of Colorado with mountain wave. Jetstream was bending right at the front range, bad rides at all altitudes...tried 35,000 and 37,000 feet. The Capt came on the PA, had the flight attendants sit down but then again that was very short lived. If you have never experienced mountain wave, that is one heck of ride...amazing to me that wind can bounce of the Rocky Mountains all the way up to 37,000, but other than...good flight, got to ride in a brand new 737-800 with the Boeing skylights and split scimitar winglets.