7/14 LAX - FLL 2:30PM (PST) JetBlue 700

elektrobank

Sorry for posting so late, but I had a last min flight change. The map looks terrible today through the middle of the country, any chance it can be avoided? Should I delay my flight, if so by how long?

coachrowsey

First Officer
I've got to edit my org. reply, read the date wrong. Sorry we missed it.

But part of my orig. reply was that flight crews are very good at getting around areas of turb. So how was it ?

Last edited:

elektrobank

Thanks! The flight was totally fine, even got in early without any dealys. It was a little bumpy in the areas marked with severe/extreme turbulence on the map, but nothing crazy, certainly nowhere close to severe (which I've been in). I never have seen extreme turbulence marked on the map, especially in areas I was flying through so I was really worried because it looked unavoidable, but I was worried over nothing.

I've got to edit my org. reply, read the date wrong. Sorry we missed it.

But part of my orig. reply was that flight crews are very good at getting around areas of turb. So how was it ?

coachrowsey

First Officer
Thanks for the report. Extreme turbulence is something most of us will never see in a life time of flying. In all my years of flying I've only encountered severe a few times at best. That's why I pretty much will never go above moderate no matter what maps look like. Pilots these days can almost always get around anything that's bad.

hokiemas

Lifetime Elite
Thanks for the report. Extreme turbulence is something most of us will never see in a life time of flying. In all my years of flying I've only encountered severe a few times at best. That's why I pretty much will never go above moderate no matter what maps look like. Pilots these days can almost always get around anything that's bad.

Not my thread, but I just wanted to say that comments like yours, which come from years of experience, are what got me over my fear of flying. Thanks for all you do!