7/24 6:15pm DLH419 IAD - FRA

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, no can do on a smooth flight I'm afraid.

DLH419 18:48 07:32+1 IAD FRA

At IAD, good takeoff, moderately to light on climb out. Up the US East coast and until just past halfway across the ocean crossing, moderately to lightly bumpy, smoothing out for about an hour, then moderate to lightly bumpy about an hour west of Ireland, smoothing out right before the UK.

That area could be moderate-severe at times unfortunately.

The rest looks good though, a few heat related bumps on the bottom half of the descent and landing.

Hopefully you find some smoother air up there.

cotton123

Subscriber Elite
Hi, no can do on a smooth flight I'm afraid.

DLH419 18:48 07:32+1 IAD FRA

At IAD, good takeoff, moderately to light on climb out. Up the US East coast and until just past halfway across the ocean crossing, moderately to lightly bumpy, smoothing out for about an hour, then moderate to lightly bumpy about an hour west of Ireland, smoothing out right before the UK.

That area could be moderate-severe at times unfortunately.

The rest looks good though, a few heat related bumps on the bottom half of the descent and landing.

Hopefully you find some smoother air up there.

Thank you for the information! The flight was actually quite decent! I think Lufthansa found the smooth air- bumpy for a bit after take off, smooth with light bumps as we crossed into the ocean, towards the UK there was isolated turbulence (quite moderate which jolted the plane for a few seconds) then smoothed out & seatbelt sign was on a total of five minutes, light bumps over the UK but nothing noticeable and a great landing in Frankfurt.

As always, thanks for easing my mind and knowing what to expect! Thankfully, this was my last flight of the summer... it was a busy one.