9/5 jbu 578 9:09 am sfo-fll

virabhadra

Lifetime Elite
The tropical storm that passed through Florida yesterday and is turning into a hurricane has me more on edge that usual. Hopefully we'll steer clear; how does the overall flight look?

Thanks!
Kelly

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. It will be a tropical depression by flight time, so a few bumps in the vicinity but nothing too bad, just light to moderate. I will write a final in the morning, but I think it'll be fine just outside a few bumps around the ghost of gordon.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
I think it looks pretty good, a few bumps in the area of Oklahoma due to weather, and a bit of light to moderate in the area of Atlanta due to Gordon, but just seeing run of the mill light to moderate.

virabhadra

Lifetime Elite
We took a different flight path, and I give the airline/pilot credit, they really tried to avoid the worst of the weather. But it was seatbelt on ride after the first 90 min or so until the end. There was a lot of upper level weather. Nothing awful, just felt interminable. Get to take the reverse flight tomorrow, expecting a similar ride since it looks like there are storms all over the flight path again.

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Might be slightly better tomorrow, but I've been struggling with forecasts lately, I've been surprised to hear they've been bumpier than forecast. I think the models I've been using are missing something, perhaps it's just a weird time of year.

virabhadra

Lifetime Elite
I’m on the return flight home and at just over 3 hrs in, seatbelt sign still hasn’t been turned off. So pretty much the same as flight out! There are storms everywhere! �� enduring on!

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
What a bummer! What's frustrating is that these bumps are not showing up on the prediction models