Any fearful fliers wish that they flew more often?

ted

Does anyone here wish that they flew frequently? I've found that in other areas of my life, if I am apprehensive about something, my fear dissipates when confront that issue regularly. I don't have the need, opportunity, or monetary resources to fly too often, and I suspect that a large part of my fear is related to flying being a somewhat unusual occurrence for me (5-10 flights per year). I know that flying is a normal everyday activity, but I find it hard to convince myself of that since it's not everyday *for me*. Anyone else feel this way?

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
I think 5-10 flights a year is a lot. Most people take 2 a year (one there, and one back!).

It was easy for me when I was doing it once a month, you are absolutely correct.

Does anyone here wish that they flew frequently? I've found that in other areas of my life, if I am apprehensive about something, my fear dissipates when confront that issue regularly. I don't have the need, opportunity, or monetary resources to fly too often, and I suspect that a large part of my fear is related to flying being a somewhat unusual occurrence for me (5-10 flights per year). I know that flying is a normal everyday activity, but I find it hard to convince myself of that since it's not everyday *for me*. Anyone else feel this way?

LLL

I hate flying. I use to love it.

Funny, b/c people here suggest that they got used to it doing it frequently. For me, it was when I started flying almost monthly last year, that I finally quit. The more you fly, the more turbulence, lightning, flying patterns, etc.......

astanard

Absolutely I agree. Even on one trip, with an average of 4 flights, I am always much more relaxed on the last leg than I am on the first. You can still be scared, I still am, but going for long breaks in between trips makes me build it up in my head to be much worse than it ever is. In the airport before the first flight I am usually fighting tears. On the layover on the way home, I am usually flipping through a magazine.