BWI-BWI WN0 12:33am

kclarke7

Super Lifetime Elite
Yes this isn’t a real flight - but this whole shelter in place stuff made me really miss flying - and miss chatting about sporty flying with you. I hope you are doing well. And I hope to be back in the air soon...

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Hi sporty friend.

Sorry for the delay, there is a thrilling tale to be told. So, site traffic is down 95%, understandable, so I haven't been paying much attention to the site, but I make sure it keeps running. All this going on while I'm waiting for my new developer to clean up the mess I've made over the years and roll out new apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android, along with new maps, etc, details on the main site. On my list of things to do was to update the forum software, it was on vBulletin 4, and I updated to vBulletin 5, and it quite frankly sucks, but it got pushed to the wayside.

I saw a notification of your post, and I was glad to see it.

Fast forward a day or two, working extra hard at the day job since forecast by email volume has been decimated.

I'm having lunch this Saturday, and I see the badge counter increment by one on my email, it's a forums password reset notification. That's odd, I think to myself, and then a minute later, in the middle of my lunch, I get a "your password has been changed" email. So I leap out of my chair, and I take the forums down immediately.

I did get an email from the vBulletin people a few days ago urging me to upgrade the software, which I didn't do. I made sure nothing bad was done to the website, and then I bought the new forum license and installed it, and upgraded the board. So at this point, I'm super annoyed at the vBulletin people, as their version 5 software was SOOO dog slow, so forget them.

So, fresh new forums software, and I can tell you your email made my day! It was a bumpy ride, but the forums are all fixed up, and refreshed!

mareducate

Super Lifetime Elite
Hi Tbneg, I took my last flight ORD-RSW at the end of February; those $29-$39 airfares were amazing. Now I have to go back for "essential business" and wondering if you're around to give me a forecast. AA2211 tomorrow 5/18 at 8:45am (there's only one packed non-stop a day ORD-RSW on AA these days, no social distancing. Thanks!

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, I switched forum software but didn't realize it was holding posts for queues. I apologize for that! Can you try to post again? And, how did the flight go?

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
And then I tried to upgrade it to plug a security hole and brought it down for eight hours. Sorry about that.