Hawaii

kucher

Lifetime Elite
I have finally made the decision and fly to Hawaii Dec 19.. I have always put that aside as flying over the ocean for that many hours and no place for a plane to divert to if there was a problem. Now I really need to know what would the plane do over the ocean if it ran into a problem? As well has anyone flown Hawiian air? What are there planes like and do they have seat back th screens?

skadanks

I have finally made the decision and fly to Hawaii Dec 19.. I have always put that aside as flying over the ocean for that many hours and no place for a plane to divert to if there was a problem. Now I really need to know what would the plane do over the ocean if it ran into a problem? As well has anyone flown Hawiian air? What are there planes like and do they have seat back th screens?
Flying over the ocean spooks me too for that very reason. I remember my first flight to Hawaii on Hawaiian Airlines. It was out of LAX and the flight was 5hrs long. At about 2.5hrs I was looking out the window at the blue abyss 35k ft below thinking we're at the halfway point now, no turning back if something goes wrong. But it's usually just paranoia. I've flown to Hawaii twice now and obviously we got there fine. In fact, I don't recall ever hearing of a passenger jet flying between Hawaii and the mainland going down in the ocean. So just remember that when you fly. As worrying as it may seem, it's never happened, and we're talking about half a century of jet aviation and dozens and dozens of flights on that route per day, 365 days year. So just remember, the stats are on your side. Hawaii is beautiful, when those wheels touch down at HNL, it'll feel awesome and from there, all you have to worry about is sunburn on the beach!