St. Croix

astanard

Hello, next Wednesday I am flying to St. Croix from Rochester, NY. First its an ERJ 170 from Rochester to Philly at 7AM, then Philly to San Juan Puerto Rico on a 757-200. From San Juan to St. Croix it is the dreaded (for me) AT7 prop plane. We are arriving in St Croix at 3:30. My question is, aside from thunderstorms, should we encounter anything other than light turbulence? I have flown many times but still have panic attacks even when encountering light turbulence. I have a valium prescription (I am not flying alone). I know you recommend against this(in the past I have taken xanax) but I feel it may keep me from making a scene. I am not afraid of crashing or anything like that, I just tend to feel sick and really out of sorts when the plane starts to bump around. Thank you!

nyctravis

Super Lifetime Elite Ultra Diamond
Hi, by now you've already taken the flights and I hope all went well. I've been to St. Croix a couple of times and always love it there. And I, too, took those (dreaded) AT7 flights from SJU to STX. I don't recall there ever being more than light turbulence, and the flight lasts about 20-30 min so it's over quick. I hope you had a good time!

bologna

Just this winter, I flew from San Juan to Tortola on an AA ATR72. It was actually perfectly smooth, except for the very last part of landing. The legroom was the only issue!

astanard

Well I am back from the trip today, and the flights were all OK. The AT7 was pretty smooth (once we reached altitude). The bumps going up were because of the heat on the ground I guess. They were very uncomfortable (for me, no one else seemed to mind ha ha) but the American Eagle flight attendants were very nice about explaining what the flight would feel like and for how long. And they were really short flights, 25 minutes from takeoff to landing.