Sun 11/10 16:55 PM JFK-NRT NH1009 (on ANA/UNITED)

virabhadra

Lifetime Elite
Hi!

I'm about to take the longest flight of my life (New York to Tokyo = about 14 hrs), and I'm feeling pretty good about it! The company who booked the trip got me a 1st class ticket, which is amazing (and also a first for me).

Would love a forecast and/or thoughts on this flight path in general.

Best,
Kelly

tb_neg

Administrator
Staff member
Hi. Your route will take you way north, and I think with that you'll avoid many of the jet streams in the path, meaning a very nice flight. You may cross a jet just east of Alaska, so some bumps there, and maybe again north of Japan (but they'll likely avoid the jets blowing the wrong way).

So in summary, very nice, and in 1st which makes it even sweeter. Enjoy and don't forget to report back.

virabhadra

Lifetime Elite
The flight was great! Yes, looooooong (ended up being 14 1/2 hours, and departed late, due to strong head winds). But the near privacy of the first class seat made it so much more relaxing than it could have been.

Got zero sleep, but that's my issue (cannot sleep on planes). Others in first class were out cold half the flight.

Turbulence wise, we had a few short periods of light-moderate, maybe, and regular spells of light. Once again, these long hauls are proving much less turbulent than my usual cross-US flights.

Best,
Kelly