Thread: Getting my pilots certificate!

Default Getting my pilots certificate!

Just wanted to stop in and let you know that I am about 10 hours into my private certificate. I decided after the last commercial flight where it took me 10 minutes to even start walking down the jetway, almost missing the flight, that I had to do something drastic.

I took my first flight on a hot windy afternoon here in Florida. As you can guess, we bounced through the thermals for about a half hour in the little Cessna 172. It was not anywhere near as bad as I anticipated, so I decided to come back for more. A few weeks ago we even did stalls. I loved it!

I believe that most fears can be overcome. If you have the ability, take one of these flights. Show up early in the morning when the air is smooth if you are really nervous, and just try it out. You will see that in all honesty, there really is nothing to be afraid of. Do I like turbulence yet? Of course not, who does? But at least I can still function when it comes up.

Aviation is really a great thing. The more you research it, the more comfortable you become. I hope this helps a couple of you out. I know I feel alot better about flying again!

Great advice. Discovery flights as they are called, are usually very cheap, like $99.

See a video here:
    http://www.uofmflyers.org/discover.html

And more information:
    http://www.michiganbeapilot.com/discovery.htm

Quote Originally Posted by 50convert View Post
    If you have the ability, take one of these flights.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying