Thread: IAD to LAX which airlines

Default IAD to LAX which airlines

I will be flying from IAD to LAX in april. Any suggestions to which airlines is better? I want to fly Virgin America, as I have never flown them, but they have Airbus 320s. After the AF tragedy I dont prefer Airbus. Continental has a good price and fly Boeing 767s but I personally dont like Continental .

The 767 is much bigger, I'd personally choose that.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Correction. Continental has Boeing 757- 200s not 767.

Virgin, hands down, no questions asked. The planes are new, fairly comfortable, and loaded with WiFi and other entertainment goodies. While I love the 757 as an aircraft, I have no doubts that you would have a more pleasant experience on Virgin. I'd put the Airbus fears aside and go with them. You'll be equally safe either way.

Thanks for replying emb. I checked the virgin america in-flight experience, that is why I was tempted to fly them. Thats why doing all the research. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by achow26 View Post
    I will be flying from IAD to LAX in april. Any suggestions to which airlines is better? I want to fly Virgin America, as I have never flown them, but they have Airbus 320s. After the AF tragedy I dont prefer Airbus. Continental has a good price and fly Boeing 767s but I personally dont like Continental .
    That is completely irrational...an AF Airbus 330 crashes and now you do not trust airbus. For the record, boeing aircraft have crashed too..MORE of them actually because they have been around longer. A German 767 crashed when the reversers deployed in flight. Boeings have come down from uncommanded rudder deflections on numerous occasions. Each one of their models have crashed at some point. Do you think there is a crash free model out there? Technically, there is. The Airbus A380..but only because it's been in service less than a year.

Truth is, the have ALL crashed in the last 10 years. Boeing, Bombardier, Airbus, McDonnell Douglas, Lockeed, Dassault, SAAB, Embraers..all of them.