PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 57

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant avatarurl - assumed 'avatarurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 58
What time zone are the turbulence maps for the USA? (VT vs UTC)

Thread: What time zone are the turbulence maps for the USA? (VT vs UTC)

Default What time zone are the turbulence maps for the USA? (VT vs UTC)

I'm hoping someone can answer I question I've had for ages. Some of the turbulence maps are marked UTC, which I understand is Greenwich Mean Time, aka the time in London, e.g. Others are marked VT. Is that the same as UTC or different?

I ask because when I'm looking at a USA turbulence map and it says 800 VT, I don't know if that's 8 AM Pacific Time, 8 AM Eastern Time, or (I think?) 8 AM in London, which means 3 AM Easter Time and Midnight Pacific Time.

Since the maps change quite a bit over a 3 - 5 hour window, it would really help me to forecast my own flights to understand the time zone. And googling "VT time zone" doesn't help.

Thanks~!!

If you're looking at this one:
    http://www.turbulenceforecast.com/j_...sa=0&level=all

The time says for example, 0900Z. The Z stands for Zulu time, same as UTC. I think VT stands for valid through. So, that map is valid through 0900Z. If you're in EDT, that's -4 right now, or 5am EDT.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying