Thread: 2/25 - Moderate to Severe Turbulence in Northeast all day

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2/25 - Moderate to Severe Turbulence in Northeast all day

For those that do not like bumps, today is going to be day to rebook if it bothers you to the extreme.
    Tonight we had surface to 12,000 of Moderate to Occasional Severe turbulence and low level wind shear being reported from BOS as far west as PIT and south as CLT. Spoke to some pilots today who said the ride was rough. Always keep in mind - the PILOT will make a safe decision and divert in need be. Just to give you an idea on today's forecasted weather. If flying into PHL, winds are right down the runway.

JFK: FM251500 27030G45KT P6SM BKN035
    BOS: FM251800 26027G40KT P6SM BKN040
    EWR: FM251600 27028G45KT P6SM BKN04
    IAD: FM251400 28018G35KT P6SM SCT060
    PHL: FM251400 28026G37KT P6SM BKN050
    CLT: FM251500 29015G28KT P6SM FEW240

Great site by the way!

I flew into Boston yesterday from L.A. on United. Not sure what the flight path was. The attendants had to take their jump seats for a little while about a little more than halfway through the flight, and the landing was bumpy with a lot of warnings from the pilot and crew. Does anyone know what level of turbulence I experienced? I would guess moderate perhaps with a couple of severe bumps, but not sure......would love to know if I survived a small taste of severe so I can tell myself that I can get through it.

Thanks for input from anyone knowledgeable about this issue.

Use this guide:
    http://www.turbulenceforecast.com/turbulence_types.php

Quote Originally Posted by 45fearful View Post
    but not sure......would love to know if I survived a small taste of severe so I can tell myself that I can get through it.

Thanks for input from anyone knowledgeable about this issue.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Was there blue juice on the ceiling after you landed? That would be severe. Haha. Jk. Seriously, give yourself a pat on the back. There was some pretty rough stuff out there and continues today. There were numerous "Continous moderate PIREPs" being reported at all altitudes in the Northeast last night. I am confident you experienced low level wind shear as that was being reported at all the major airports on the Northeast. I recall the severe turbulence was being reported around PTW (about 80 mikes SW of JFK) and COL (about 25 miles south of JFK)between 19k-21k.
    Kuddo's to you!!!!! Hope it was not too bad and you can say to yourself, "I can do that again"