Thread: Benzodiazepines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Benzodiazepines

Anyone here take Ativan or Xanax before a flight? I will be flying soon and have heard that they can promote DVT (blood clot formation in legs) during flight, and that they can sometimes make your experience worse.

I have an ativan prescription and usually take it only before a public speech or something stressful. Flight anxiety for me is more about anticipation rather than the flight itself. I haven't flown in 2 years so flying again soon will be a challenge to me.

I find they don't really help, I just go with the flow and hope for the best. Of course, running this site helps a bit.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Have you ever flown in a CRJ-200? I am going to have to fly in one soon and am kinda nervous due to pilots supposedly having less training (regional pilots aren't as qualified I believe) and the smaller plane= more turbulence. It's also been in service since the early 90's leading me to believe maintenance problems are more likely.

I did back in March and I have a lot of times. You'll be fine. And with older planes, all the kinks have been worked out, so nothing to worry about. They are smaller but I've never had a bad turbulence experience in one. Seating is tight though, and it's not something you can stand up in.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Ok, that does allay my anxiety a bit. This will also be my first flight by myself, so i'm very anxious.

I'm 22, just graduated college, and am fortunate enough to have a company offer to fly me out and pay me for everything (rental car, hotel, food, flight) so not only am I nervous about the interview, i'm nervous about getting there as well. I'll post the flight info on Sunday since I won't be leaving until next Tuesday.