Thread: Winter Flight

Default Winter Flight

Is flying in the winter generally bad? I know the jets make turbulence worse.

I will be flying soon to see my family for Thanksgiving (both ways) and just hoping that it will be as nice as it was the last time I've flown this route (MCI-CVG)

It can be worse because the jets drop down and can make things bumpy, but it really depends on the day. It can also be better because of no storms.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Quote Originally Posted by tb_neg View Post
    It can be worse because the jets drop down and can make things bumpy, but it really depends on the day. It can also be better because of no storms.
    Oh yes, one of the best flight experiences I had was CLT-PHX in the late winter/early spring (mid-March) you could see for hundreds of miles in every direction. It was fantastic. Would that every flight could be like that.

I'm actually really struggling right now over this. My fear of flying never used to be this bad, but it's affected my job performance this week, just the anticipatory anxiety. I also can't ever enjoy a vacation because of dreading the flight back. I've probably been on 40-50 flights my entire life so I don't know why it's gotten worse. Probably just becoming more aware of everything that could happen. I love this site, but I'll owe Delta (Endeavor Air) $350 even if I cancel. I'd hate myself for it but the anxiety has been killing me. I should book flights the night before in the future. Hah...

Anyway, thanks for your response. I've also read the fear of flying book advertised on this site and it didn't help much. The issues i'm most concerned with is something happening to similar to what happened on US Air 1549... both engines going out at once, for whatever reason. The planes these guys fly are over 20 years old. If cars can break down, i'm sure planes can too, and most cars don't last 20 years.

I need a beer or two... too much on my mind.

Planes cost millions of dollars. A car does not. That's why they last longer! Just get on board and enjoy the flight.