PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 165

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 588

PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 612

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant onlinestatusphrase - assumed 'onlinestatusphrase' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/class_core.php(4684) : eval()'d code on line 6

Anyone hit rough air today, 1/4/15?

Thread: Anyone hit rough air today, 1/4/15?

Default Anyone hit rough air today, 1/4/15?

Hi and Happy New Year to all!

I was looking at the map of pilot reports of turbulence and there were a lot of moderate and severe reports today especially on the east coast. Anyone have an experience they'd like to share? My family flew from Miami to New York. We were able to fly above the mess for most of the flight with some occasional light. But about half hour from landing, we started bouncing around quite a bit. I hate flying and really hate turbulence so I know I'm prone to think it was worse than it was. Seeing all these reports makes me feel justified that we hit "moderate" at least. It felt like a long time but probably was only 10 to 15 minutes. Anyone else?

Flew MDW - SAT and it wasn't fun. Strong jets on top of the winter weather didn't help. We had snow coming out of MDW then strong headwinds the entire way back causing light to moderate chop most of the flight. Had to drop from 34k to 28k then 24k just to stay below it. Looking at the map it was rough all around yesterday. Honestly when you do this enough you realize that what you probably experienced then is some of the worst you will ever fly through and you made it out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tuhax View Post
    Flew MDW - SAT and it wasn't fun. Strong jets on top of the winter weather didn't help. We had snow coming out of MDW then strong headwinds the entire way back causing light to moderate chop most of the flight. Had to drop from 34k to 28k then 24k just to stay below it. Looking at the map it was rough all around yesterday. Honestly when you do this enough you realize that what you probably experienced then is some of the worst you will ever fly through and you made it out fine.

Thanks, that's a great point! Will try to remember that when I am white-knuckling over the rocky mountains this weekend.