Thread: Irma's effect on close airports that remain open

Default Irma's effect on close airports that remain open

Good afternoon,

I have been a ball of nerves because I am required to fly out to Charlotte NC on Monday afternoon for a work trip. I have been trying to switch my flight to tomorrow to no avail. Very expensive swap because the airline has only declared two of the other airports in NC as a hazard but Charlotte is still not on the list. If my flight takes off as planned and I land in Charlotte around 5pm on Monday. What are the odds it won't be terrible. I am coming from Boston.

I think Monday actually looks better. Now mind you, when I prognosticate in this style I can't make any promises (well, I can never make any promises, just give educated guesses), but there's a strong jet stream parked over your flight path now, and the jet stream forecast maps suggest a weaker jet stream for Monday. So, counter intuitively I think Monday looks better. Sure, take off on Sunday might be a bit better than Monday, but the jet stream is much more influential for your flight quality than Irma remnants, at least that's what think.

I hope that helps!
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Today's flights from BOS to CLT look pretty rough, so hopefully you were NOT able to change them. Compare the two maps below, already an improvement for Monday morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

After your original response, I stopped trying to change the flight. I posted the flight details in the forecast forum. THANKS in advance for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by tb_neg View Post
    Today's flights from BOS to CLT look pretty rough, so hopefully you were NOT able to change them. Compare the two maps below, already an improvement for Monday morning.