Thread: Landing in Berlin on new years day with 7bft (gusts up to 55km/h)

Default Landing in Berlin on new years day with 7bft (gusts up to 55km/h)

What should I expect from a landing in a windy condition, about 50km/h (gusts) ?
    depends on the direction?
    (Berlin on the morning of 1/1)

Hi. Most of the flight looks good. I looked at the weather in Berlin and I don't see anything unusual in terms of winds, just around 20mph with gusts about 30mph according to Ventusky. Most of the flight looks fine, just the final approach might be lightly to moderately bumpy. Nothing to worry about!

Let us know how it goes and happy new year.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

Hello, that one was worse than expected. Again looking at it in retrospect it was probably just light (the seat belt was constantly off) above the Greek mountains (and the partly the Balkan ones) where we felt it. I wonder if it's the ground morphology? The skies were clear and we could see the snowy mountains.

Then the landing was definitely woobly. There was wind pushing us (southwest wind) which became noticeable in the last 10k feet or so.

I do this route frequently (well, for my standards and I would be interested to study a bit the flight path and figure out what to expect when)

Hi. The winds over the mountains can shake things up a bit for sure. See the infographic in this news article, it's really quite helpful.
    http://news.delta.com/delta-talks-turbulence
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying