Thread: 9/5 jbu 578 9:09 am sfo-fll

Default 9/5 jbu 578 9:09 am sfo-fll

The tropical storm that passed through Florida yesterday and is turning into a hurricane has me more on edge that usual. Hopefully we'll steer clear; how does the overall flight look?

Thanks!
    Kelly

Hi. It will be a tropical depression by flight time, so a few bumps in the vicinity but nothing too bad, just light to moderate. I will write a final in the morning, but I think it'll be fine just outside a few bumps around the ghost of gordon.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.
    Donations are used to fund new features and to offset costs.

Download our app: Turbulence Forecast for iOS
    Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

I think it looks pretty good, a few bumps in the area of Oklahoma due to weather, and a bit of light to moderate in the area of Atlanta due to Gordon, but just seeing run of the mill light to moderate.
    TURBULENCE FORECAST IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE INFORMATION FOUND HERE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please read our forum rules and regulations before posting. By posting or continuing to browse, you agree to these terms.

Read the best book on fear of flying (e-book or paperback): Soar: The Breakthrough Treatment for Fear of Flying

We took a different flight path, and I give the airline/pilot credit, they really tried to avoid the worst of the weather. But it was seatbelt on ride after the first 90 min or so until the end. There was a lot of upper level weather. Nothing awful, just felt interminable. Get to take the reverse flight tomorrow, expecting a similar ride since it looks like there are storms all over the flight path again.

Might be slightly better tomorrow, but I've been struggling with forecasts lately, I've been surprised to hear they've been bumpier than forecast. I think the models I've been using are missing something, perhaps it's just a weird time of year.

I’m on the return flight home and at just over 3 hrs in, seatbelt sign still hasn’t been turned off. So pretty much the same as flight out! There are storms everywhere! �� enduring on!

What a bummer! What's frustrating is that these bumps are not showing up on the prediction models